- To provide support for persons with PWS, their families, and their carers by providing a range of services such as: promoting awareness of the syndrome; providing information services including seminars and conferences; and by promoting best practice standards of care for persons with PWS
- To facilitate the development of each person with PWS to the full extent of their abilities in an educational, social, work, and leisure context
- To facilitate awareness and understanding of PWS among the general public, among health professionals, teachers, etc.
- To facilitate earlier diagnosis of the syndrome
- To encourage and support research into PWS